Sunday, January 18, 2009

Still

I've always told myself that the only person that can make you happy is you, and you alone. No matter how bad a day may turn out to be, how much bad news you may hear, or how many people try to bring you down - you have full control to be happy. Whether its a break up or a loss of a loved one, to be able to wake up each morning and continue to love yourself and realize that the one person who will never stop loving you, loves you back regardless how many times you mess up is a gift of happiness in itself. Of course, everyone longs to have that special person to run to, that tangible person, that person who isn't hard to see - one who we aren't blind towards. And I have to admit, I miss that feeling sometimes. Seeing more than half my group of friends have that "boyfriend" or that "girlfriend" makes me reminisce on what I used to have. Trust me though, every time someone asks me if I'm really over it and over you, there's no longer a hesitation or a pause. I've always wanted to just see you happy, and now I see that you have that with her. What you two share.. really is beautiful and I wouldn't have it any other way. [:

People ask me what I want to be when I grow up; my only answer: To be happy. That's my goal. And it'll continue to be no matter what I go through. Sometimes when I say that the reaction I get is "well, of course. But what do you want to be?" Honestly. How many people do you know have that initial response to a question like that other than the usual - doctor, lawyer, engineer teacher, or CEO of some sort. I mean, it's realistic. Right? It makes sense. Well, okay money is money and of course it'll have an impact on my life regardless of how insignificant I may see it to be at different points in my life, but yeahh.. how many people do you know who are HAPPY. And not just content or 'okay' or 'fine'. I mean.. genuinely HAPPY. I don't know about you, but I don't know very many.

I think I'm going through my Brian McKnight phase of my life again. That man is amazing. No joke. Oh! and I found the song I wanted to play for every anniversary I have after I get married. [: I win, bitches.

Hahah I'm just kidding.. about the bitches part. Goodnight everyone!




p.s. I think I know what my next blog will be about. But I need to dig deeper in thought. Until then... keep smiling!

No comments: