Monday, August 18, 2008

"Live..."

"Live life to the fullest"
"Live each day as if it were your last."

I've come around these quotes so many times especially during high school and even more now that I'm entering my first year of college. Today, I really thought about these two specific quotes and I have so many unanswered questions. How do you live life to it's fullest potential? I guess you can say that the answer varies from person to person. In my opinion, living each day as if it were your last is pretty time consuming, don't you think? There have been times already that I've thought out how I would want to live my last day... and to be really honest I'm not sure if I could or would want to live that kind of a day every day. So I'm trying to think realistically, but I can't get over the saying. How do you live life to the fullest? What's "the fullest"? How do you live each day as if it were your last? Every day is different, you can't control what happens. If you really think about it, our lives are already planned out. Like I mentioned in my last blog... the canvas is already sketched out. So now... how do you know what part of the picture to color in? and what color do you use? After taking a few minutes to contemplate on the many questions that invade my mind I can't help but finalize my own idea of living life to its fullest and living each day as if it were my last. This summer, I've been able to rekindle old friendships, I've been blessed to have made new ones and truthfully, since the beginning of the year in January I've been more than able to forgive myself and from there forgive others & ask for forgiveness as well. I know I'm not finished making mistakes, learning lessons and experiencing the unknown, but simply being able to patch up what I've helped mess up I think is an opportunity of a life time. Those around me know, if I haven't told them already that they, [that you reading whoever you may be] have helped to make me a better person, a happier person. And I think that that's exactly it - to live life to it's fullest and to live each day as if it were your last is to be blessed with the gift to wake up every morning with a mindset that we begin every day, every journey differently and that no day is ever the same, and to finally realize and understand that we, alone choose to be happy and we are the only ones that have the ability to do just that; Without forgetting to acknowledge those who have helped paved the way for that new day.


That's how I want to live my life to the fullest.

No comments: