Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It isn't a front, it's a proven fact

I never thought this stage of my life would come. I never thought I could listen to love songs and our songs and not reminisce of what used to be. I never thought that I could sleep peacefully at night without thinking of you. I never thought that I could be happy and not front. I never thought that all the problems would go away. I never thought that I could smile and not cry because you hurt me. I never thought that I wouldn't feel responsible for the things that you do. I never thought that I could stop caring until I actually did. I never thought that I would forget that you cheated on me and did me dirty all those times, until someone actually brought you up. I never thought that I could not look at your myspace or your screen name until it just didn't matter to me anymore. I never thought that I could talk about you in a normal conversation and not be angry.

It isn't a front, it's proven fact. You've introduced me to a different kind of happiness. One, that I don't think anyone else could have illustrated better than you. I kept silent thinking I was happy, but until I was sure of it and sure that I wouldn't fall back, I can honestly tell you that I am. I'm not just content anymore.

Nyl, I'm genuinely happy.

I hope you will be too, someday if you aren't already.

No comments: