Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hearts aren't toys

Something that I've learned over the last few years of my life is that one of the biggest mistakes some people unknowingly make is that hearts aren't toys and they should most definitely not be played with. On the upside of that, that same situation could be seen as one of the most fundamental tools of growing up. It lays down a concrete foundation. Which furthermore justifies the statement that heartache, pain and everything else we see as negative and bad are actually healthy. "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." I think that statement alone serves itself. Hearts should not be seen as toys, but as they are, when played with gives the individual or individuals the opportunity to rise up and go beyond that. After reading, The Shack by William Young, I've also found it completely true that I... am afraid of emotions. I take that a person's ignorance isn't about protecting one another or ourselves, but that it's simply... the fear of emotions, the fear of what it'll do to us, the fear that it'll ruin what we've already built up, the fear of yet another heartache, the fear of pain. As I willingly admit to that simple truth, I can't help but be super cautious of everything that I do and watch myself with everyone that I'm around.

No comments: